- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16-ounce) box graham crackers
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup or 3 (1/2-ounce) cans shredded coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- For the filling: Line a 13 by 9-inch pan with whole graham crackers. Melt the butter in saucepan and add sugar. Beat the egg and milk together; add to butter mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add the nuts, coconut, and 1 cup graham cracker crumbs. Pour over the crackers in the pan. Cover with another layer of whole graham crackers.
- For the topping: Beat all the ingredients together and spread over top layer of crackers.
- Chill. Cut into squares.
NotesI watched Paula Deen make these the other day and they looked really good so I made them this afternoon and they are delicious. They are a bar cookie and are very rich so a little piece goes a long way. I think they are best if left to sit in the refrigerator for about 8 hrs. to get good and firm.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More