- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- (generous) 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- generous 1/2 cup
- superfine sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp lowfat margerine
- 2/3 cup thick lowfat plain yogurt
- or blueberry flavored yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190C.
- Place 12 muffin paper liners in a muffin pan.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and half the allspice into a large mixing bowl. Add 6 tablespoons of the superfine sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites together.
- Add the margarine, yogurt and the vanilla extract and mix well together, then stir in the blueberries until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the flour mixture then gently stir together until just combined.
- Do not overstir the batter – it is fine for it to be a bit lumpy.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the paper liners ( 2/3 full )
- Mix the remaining sugar with the remaining allspice, then sprinkle the mixture over the muffins.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and serve warm, or place on a wire rack to cool.
- HINT: Raspberries do quite well in place of blueberries with this recipe.
NotesJust a great recipe a friend gave me one day for some delicious blueberry breakfast muffins that are low in fat, easy to prepare and delicious to eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More