- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 can (12 oz.) fat free evaporated milk
- In a saucepan, combine broccoli, onion and broth; simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Puree half of the mixture in a blender; return to the saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 3 T. of milk until smooth. Gradually add remaining milk. Stir into the broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Yield 4 servings.
- Nutritional information:
- One 3/4 cup serving: 112 calories, 157 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 18 g carbs, 9 g protein, 1 g fat.
- This is from Taste of Home -- 5 Ingredient Cookbook. Very yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More