- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 can (12 oz.) fat free evaporated milk
- In a saucepan, combine broccoli, onion and broth; simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Puree half of the mixture in a blender; return to the saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 3 T. of milk until smooth. Gradually add remaining milk. Stir into the broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Yield 4 servings.
- Nutritional information:
- One 3/4 cup serving: 112 calories, 157 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 18 g carbs, 9 g protein, 1 g fat.
- This is from Taste of Home -- 5 Ingredient Cookbook. Very yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Lau Family Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More