LOW-FAT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
Low-Fat Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 (9 inch) reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat lime yogurt (or any flavor of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour. Beat in lemon juice and egg substitute. Stir in yogurt. Pour into crust.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Allow to cool. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
*I recommend leaving the cheesecake in the oven with the the door cracked and the oven turned OFF for an hour after the cooking time. This will allow the cheesecake to firm up and prevent cracking without having to go to the trouble of a water bath.