LOW FAT PORK SAUSAGE - SWEET SPANISH SAUSAGE WITH RAISINS
- Sweet Spanish Sausage with Raisins:
- Ground pork: 1 lb.
- Coarse salt: 1/2 tablespoon
- Ground cayenne pepper: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground ginger: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Crushed garlic cloves: 1
- White raisins: 3 tablespoons
- Sugar: 1/3 teaspoon
Mix meat with spices very gently.
I use 2 large forks.
Freeze on a saran covered cookie sheet, form patties or drop by bits for loose sausage.
Store in zips.
Although they are pork, they are very low in fat.
Use an oil spray when cooking.