- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle chili powder and cumin over them; add lime juice. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onions and jalapeno over medium heat until onions are softened—about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, chopped tomato and cilantro. Cook shrimp for three minutes, until pink and opaque, turning them occasionally. Serve over hot whole-grain rice.
- Serves 4.
- Per Serving: Calories 162, Calories from Fat 22, Total Fat 2.4g (0.4g), Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 183mg, Carbohydrate 10.5g, Fiber 2.2g, Protein 24.5g
NotesFrom Fiona Haynes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Simple Homemade Favorites
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More