- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle chili powder and cumin over them; add lime juice. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onions and jalapeno over medium heat until onions are softened—about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, chopped tomato and cilantro. Cook shrimp for three minutes, until pink and opaque, turning them occasionally. Serve over hot whole-grain rice.
- Serves 4.
- Per Serving: Calories 162, Calories from Fat 22, Total Fat 2.4g (0.4g), Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 183mg, Carbohydrate 10.5g, Fiber 2.2g, Protein 24.5g
NotesFrom Fiona Haynes