- Cooking Time: 45-60min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20min
- 3/4 cup each chopped onion, red pepper and celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 (4oz) cans sliced/chopped mushrooms
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, red pepper, celery, and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Cool.
- Add egg substitue and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Top each piece of chicken with the spinach stuffing.
- Roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a sprayed baking dish.
- If there is stuffing left over, place it around the sides of the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 45-60min or until chicken juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, in a small saute pan combine the cream of mushroom soup, lemon juice, lemon pepper and mushrooms.
- Just before the chicken is done, bring the sauce to a boil to thicken a little.
- Serve the rolled chicken with the hot sauce on top. Serve with sweet potatoes and asparagus for a complete meal.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More