LOW-FAT SUMMER TRIFLE
- Servings: 8
- 2 12-ounce packages whole frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 angel food cake, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon cream sherry per glass (raspberry, blackberry, or other liqueurs may be substituted, with good results.)
- 8 ounces light whipped topping
- 6 (2 inch) ginger snaps, crushed
Gently wash and drain berries. Set aside.
Process thawed raspberries in food processor or blender until smooth, about 10 seconds.
Strain, if desired, using fine sieve to remove seeds.
Stir in sugar. Set aside.
Cover bottom of dessert glasses with about 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry purée.
Add angel food cake cubes and fill to half full.
Sprinkle with Cream Sherry.
Drizzle 3 to 4 tablespoons raspberry purée over cake.
Fill remainder of glass with mixed berries, leaving room for topping.
Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with ginger snaps.