- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 cup smashed ripe bananas-about 3 med.
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil (or vegetable, walnut)
- 1 Tbl. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Pre-heat to 325.
- Grease/flour 8" bread pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, until thick about 5 min.
- Mix in mashed bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over mixture; beat til just blended.
- Add nuts and coconut; mix til just blended.
- Transfer to pan.
- Bake until golden, about 1 hour.
- Cool on rack.
NotesThis is adapted from a recipe out of Bon Appetit-August 1997
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More