- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 cup smashed ripe bananas-about 3 med.
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil (or vegetable, walnut)
- 1 Tbl. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Pre-heat to 325.
- Grease/flour 8" bread pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, until thick about 5 min.
- Mix in mashed bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over mixture; beat til just blended.
- Add nuts and coconut; mix til just blended.
- Transfer to pan.
- Bake until golden, about 1 hour.
- Cool on rack.
NotesThis is adapted from a recipe out of Bon Appetit-August 1997
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More