- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I left this out because I didn't have any)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 3. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- 4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to blend.
- 5. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes (Mine were done at 16!) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
- *Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe!
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More