- Cooking Time: 15 - 25
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 low-carb pita flatbread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used Sargento Chef Style)
- 1/2 large mushroom, sliced thinly
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 6-8 thin slices zucchini/green squash
- 6 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Shallot, sliced thinly, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your pita flatbread on a pizza stone, on a sheet pan.
- Layer the sauce, cheese and veggies on top.
- I put the cheese on last to kind of hold it all together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and cheese starts to brown slightly.
NotesI've been on a low-fat diet now for almost 3 weeks and it's always a mission to find fun, new recipes to help keep me motivated. I read about a pita pizza idea somewhere and adapted it based on my own needs -- to keep fat grams under 15 grams per meal. This recipe has approximately 13 grams of fat, but read your labels, it depends which brands you use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More