- Cooking Time: 15 - 25
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 low-carb pita flatbread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used Sargento Chef Style)
- 1/2 large mushroom, sliced thinly
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 6-8 thin slices zucchini/green squash
- 6 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Shallot, sliced thinly, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your pita flatbread on a pizza stone, on a sheet pan.
- Layer the sauce, cheese and veggies on top.
- I put the cheese on last to kind of hold it all together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and cheese starts to brown slightly.
NotesI've been on a low-fat diet now for almost 3 weeks and it's always a mission to find fun, new recipes to help keep me motivated. I read about a pita pizza idea somewhere and adapted it based on my own needs -- to keep fat grams under 15 grams per meal. This recipe has approximately 13 grams of fat, but read your labels, it depends which brands you use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More