- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablesppons sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line the bottom of an 8-9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. lightly grease the sides of the pan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Combine 3 of the egg whits and 1/3 cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining egg whites and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a stand mixer or electric hand-held mixer; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add chopped walnuts to the egg white sugar mixture, stirring to coat them thoroughly.
- Fold in a large spoonful of the beaten egg whites to lighten the mixture, then carefully fold in the remaining beaten egg whites, trying not to deflate them as you work.
- Transfer the batter to the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablesppons of sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the cake has pulled away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in it comes out dry.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More