- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablesppons sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line the bottom of an 8-9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. lightly grease the sides of the pan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Combine 3 of the egg whits and 1/3 cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining egg whites and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a stand mixer or electric hand-held mixer; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add chopped walnuts to the egg white sugar mixture, stirring to coat them thoroughly.
- Fold in a large spoonful of the beaten egg whites to lighten the mixture, then carefully fold in the remaining beaten egg whites, trying not to deflate them as you work.
- Transfer the batter to the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablesppons of sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the cake has pulled away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in it comes out dry.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More