- Cooking Time: 12 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 8 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Green Frosting Dip:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring
- milk, if needed
- Using one roll, cut off a small piece of dough for the stem and press the rest of the roll into a 4-inch circle.
- Make 3 leaves by cutting the circle almost all the way through, into thirds like a pizza, leaving the pieces attached in the center.
- Clip each leaf at the top to make a dip in the top of the leaf.
- Combine zest and sugar in a bowl,
- Dip the cut and clipped circle, carefully in the melted butter and then into the sugar mixture.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet, separating the leaves so they don't touch.
- Roll the cut off piece into a stem and dip it in butter and sugar mixture and place under the center of the shamrock.
- Repeat process with remaining rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with green frosting dip if desired.
- To make green frosting dip, combine all ingredients except milk and mix well.
- Add milk to make the right consistency for dipping.
NotesThese rolls are delicious any day but, perfectly Lucky for St. Patrick's Day.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Simple Homemade Favorites
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More