- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. fresh string beans, cut french style
- 1 lg. onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated (long strands)
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 sm. cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cans bean sprouts, drained
- Garlic powder, MSG (optional), soy sauce, salt, pepper to taste
- 50 med. size egg-roll or lumpia wrappers
- Brown ground beef.
- Add water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced onion, stir until wilted.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, adding the bean sprouts last.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp tender - do not overcook.
- Drain the mixture in a large colander thoroughly and cool well.
- Keep egg roll wrappers covered to keep them from drying out.
- Using one wrapper at a time, place one heaping T. of meat mixture down the center and roll, tucking ends in first (these will be less than half the thickness of a regular egg roll.
- Dampen fingertip with water and run over loose edge of wrapper to seal.
- Fry in about a half inch of hot oil, seam side down first to prevent it from unrolling, until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Ground pork, finely minced chicken, or shrimp may be substituted for ground beef. They may also be fried, stored in the refrigerator or freezer, and reheated in a 350 degree oven until warm. Makes approximately 50.
NotesA gal that worked with my husband also sold a famous home party line of cosmetics, and had been begging me to have a party and invite friends to do our colors and test the products. I told her the only way I would do it was if she make her famous Lumpia, and share the recipe with me. The party was a success for her, and gained me a very favorite appetizer recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Delightful DessertsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More