- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 1/4 sifted cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3 3/4 cups of batter into a greased 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1" of edges.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350FÃ‚Âº for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown to quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake.
NotesWhen making this cake, the batter was really thick and sticky-couldn't cover the top of the cake with the reserved batter. Also, it took between 30-35 minutes to bake and we used a 13 X 9" X 2" baking pan, floured and buttered, as it would have overflowed in our jelly roll pan. The resulting cake turned out to be an extremely dense cross between a shortcake and a pound cake-MDH John was satisfied with this. This had about twice the amount of icing we normally use for glaze, and, as MDH John, loves those Little Debbie Honey Buns, this has lots more glaze than those.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More