- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 360
BackstoryAn easy-to-follow dessert that adds sparkle to the holidays.
- 4 cups lychees
- ¼ cup lychee syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat on medium until sugar dissolves. Raise the heat and boil the syrup for 3 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Puree the lychees and lychee syrup in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the syrup, lemon juice and champagne to the puree. Stir well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze by churning for 20-25 minutes or according to instructions.
- Transfer the sorbet to a container and store in freezer to harden for at least 4 hours before serving.