- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 360
- 4 cups lychees
- ¼ cup lychee syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat on medium until sugar dissolves. Raise the heat and boil the syrup for 3 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Puree the lychees and lychee syrup in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the syrup, lemon juice and champagne to the puree. Stir well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze by churning for 20-25 minutes or according to instructions.
- Transfer the sorbet to a container and store in freezer to harden for at least 4 hours before serving.
NotesAn easy-to-follow dessert that adds sparkle to the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More