- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Nabisco Famous Wafers
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz 60% cocoa chips
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 oz cognac or other liquor for flavoring (optional)
- Put 14 cookies in a food processor and puree them to crumbs.
- Stir 2 tbsp cream into the crumbs until moistened and press the resulting mixture into an even layer on the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate with 2/3 cup of the cream and melt together over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. When the
- mixture is smooth, remove from heat and add liquor.
- Return mixture to low heat, stirring until liquor is absorbed into mixture.
- Beat remaining cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add about 1/2 cup of chocolate mixture to cream and stir until blended.
- Gently fold remainder of chocolate gradually in using a rubber spatula, until no white streaks appear.
- Spread about 1 cup of mousse over cookie crumbs in pan. Cover with a layer of whole cookies (it's OK if some spaces remain between cookies).
- Continue alternating layers of mousse and cookies, ending with mousse on top.
- Decorate if desired and chill in refrigerator for twelve hours. (May also be frozen in an airtight container for up to two weeks -- thaw in refrigerator for four hours before serving.)
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the cake and remove the sides of the pan.
- Serve cold, in thin slices.
NotesMy co-worker Lyn made this cool treat for work and won $100 in the Awesome Dessert Contest!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More