- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne of the child sauces of Demi-Glace. This is used in the french version of Shepherd's pie called "hachis Parmentier".
- 3 tb butter
- 2 cups Onion, minced
- 1/4 c. white wine,
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar and reduce liquid to 1 TB,
- 1 TB Italian Parsley or Chervil, Chopped.
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 2 TB Cognac or Brandy
- 1 TB Dry Marsala
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion until transparent.
- Deglaze pan with wine and vinegar.
- Reduce liquid to 1 TB
- Add the Demi-Glace and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add Cognac and Marsala
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More