- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tb butter
- 2 cups Onion, minced
- 1/4 c. white wine,
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar and reduce liquid to 1 TB,
- 1 TB Italian Parsley or Chervil, Chopped.
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 2 TB Cognac or Brandy
- 1 TB Dry Marsala
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion until transparent.
- Deglaze pan with wine and vinegar.
- Reduce liquid to 1 TB
- Add the Demi-Glace and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add Cognac and Marsala
NotesOne of the child sauces of Demi-Glace. This is used in the french version of Shepherd's pie called "hachis Parmentier".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More