- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c Ginger Snap Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 lbs Cream cheese
- 1 1/3 c Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1/3 c Heavy cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate M&M's
- Place an oven safe bowl of water on the bottom rack of the oven to keep moisture in the oven during baking.
- To make the crust, mix the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and sides of a 10" spring form pan. Bake 8 minutes at 325F.
- Now mix cheese and sugar until blended. Blend in eggs one at a time. Mix in flour, zest and cream. Fold in the M&M's. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then another 40 minutes at 250F. Let cool in the open oven for an hour.
- TIP: Most people will tell you to blend the ingredients just until blended. I say whip the heck out of them!! It makes for a lighter cheesecake that people will rave about!
NotesI take a basic New York Cheesecake recipe and change it to reflect my mood or the occassion. By substituting one pound rasberries, blueberries and blackberries for the M&M's you will have a whole new cake and people will love it as much as the first!