- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1lb unsalted butter
- 1lb 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons real vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup for batter 1/4 cup for chips)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 package of mini baking M&Ms
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour jelly roll pan
- 2. Melt together the butter, 1lb chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double broiler. Cool slightly
- 3. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir in warm chocolate and cool to room temperature.
- 4. Stir together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- 5. Toss in 2/3s of the M&M and 12 oz of the chocolate chips in 1/4 cup of flour to coat. Then add to chocolate batter. Spread remaining M&Ms ontop of brownies.
- 6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean.
- *~*~* Added note about baking*~*~*
- About halfway through baking, rap the pan against the oven shelf to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownies dough. DO NOT OVERBAKE!