- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen cooked chicken breast strips, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 (10 oz.) cans tomatilloes, drained
- 12 oz. bottle green chili sauce
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies (or jalapeno peppers)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Shred chicken and set aside. Heat oil in heavy skillet and sautÃ© onions and garlic until softened.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and add heavy cream. Mix well. Stir in chicken, onions, and garlic.
- Add crumbled cheese and set aside.
- In food processor bowl or blender, place tomatillos and chili sauce. Puree or blend until smooth. Add green chilies, chopped cilantro, and 1 cup heavy cream. Soften tortillas in microwave on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Fill tortillas with cream cheese/chicken mixture, roll up, and place in 9x13 glass baking dish. Pour tomatillo/chili sauce over filled enchiladas and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350Â° F for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
NotesThese were excellent, I just had to share. They made 12 very generous enchiladas. You could probably make 18 normal size ones with this recipe. The chicken, cream cheese, onion filling is yummy. The only thing I would do differently next time, (and there will be a next time) is to use 1/2 Jack cheese and 1/2 parmesan instead of all parmesan for the topping. I had to cook it for almost an hour to heat completely through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More