- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided ( I always use butter)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 pound VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product , cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese , divided
- 2 cups elbow macaroni,
- cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on
- low heat. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add prepared cheese product and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded
- cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
- Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Melt
- remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle
- casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until
- thoroughly heated.
- I doubled the recipe for the Easter celebration and I had very little left. I added about 1 TSP. dry mustard, 1/2 tsp. of onion powder and some black pepper to taste .
- I use Bermuda Sauce for many of my dishes (pepper sauce) so I also added this too. I add these with the flour addition.
NotesI was looking for something to go with the Easter ham and my daughter loves Mac and Cheese. So I found this on Allrecipes and gave it a try. Everyone loved it. So give it a try. I plan to make this this year too. I added a little of my own flavorings to it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More