- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker or other crumbs*
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or other toppings**
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts***
- Vanilla wafer
- Chocolate wafer
- Gingersnap cookies
- Quick cooking oats
- Wheat germ
- Peanut butter flavored chips
- Butterscotch flavored chips
- Plain multi-colored candy-coated chocolate pieces (M&M's)
- Chopped dried apricots
- Almond brickle chips
- Banana chips
- Chopped candied cherries
- Small gumdrop candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish).
- In 9x13 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chips, then coconut and nuts; press down firm.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
NotesThis recipe is from one of my local, hometown cookbooks. Tweak the recipe to your heart's content!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More