- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker or other crumbs*
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or other toppings**
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts***
- Vanilla wafer
- Chocolate wafer
- Gingersnap cookies
- Quick cooking oats
- Wheat germ
- Peanut butter flavored chips
- Butterscotch flavored chips
- Plain multi-colored candy-coated chocolate pieces (M&M's)
- Chopped dried apricots
- Almond brickle chips
- Banana chips
- Chopped candied cherries
- Small gumdrop candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish).
- In 9x13 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chips, then coconut and nuts; press down firm.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
NotesThis recipe is from one of my local, hometown cookbooks. Tweak the recipe to your heart's content!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Austin Personal Training Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More