- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker or other crumbs*
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or other toppings**
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts***
- Vanilla wafer
- Chocolate wafer
- Gingersnap cookies
- Quick cooking oats
- Wheat germ
- Peanut butter flavored chips
- Butterscotch flavored chips
- Plain multi-colored candy-coated chocolate pieces (M&M's)
- Chopped dried apricots
- Almond brickle chips
- Banana chips
- Chopped candied cherries
- Small gumdrop candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish).
- In 9x13 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chips, then coconut and nuts; press down firm.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
NotesThis recipe is from one of my local, hometown cookbooks. Tweak the recipe to your heart's content!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More