- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 large or 10 medium plump wrinkle free yellow, red, green bell peppers
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- Roast the peppers whole in a very hot oven until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully peel them, then remove the stems and seeds.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring gently once or twice.
- Add a pinch of salt, the cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Stir for a minute or two, then serve.
NotesThis was in a magazine and was supposedly Sophia Loren's mother's recipe. It was in an article about her. It is a bit time consuming roasting the peppers but tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More