- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 large or 10 medium plump wrinkle free yellow, red, green bell peppers
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- Roast the peppers whole in a very hot oven until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully peel them, then remove the stems and seeds.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring gently once or twice.
- Add a pinch of salt, the cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Stir for a minute or two, then serve.
NotesThis was in a magazine and was supposedly Sophia Loren's mother's recipe. It was in an article about her. It is a bit time consuming roasting the peppers but tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Christmas CookiesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More