- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- Walnut Filling (Below)
- Maple Icing (Below)
- Walnut Filling:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- About 1 tablespoon milk
- MEASURE carefully, placing all ingredients except Walnut Filling and Maple Icing in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- SELECT Dough/Manual cycle. Do not use delay cycles.
- REMOVE dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface. Prepare Walnut Filling.
- GREASE rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Roll or pat dough into 16x10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Spread half of the filling lengthwise down center third of rectangle. Fold one outer third of dough over filling; spread remaining filling over folded dough. Fold remaining third of dough over filling; pinch edge to seal.
- CUT crosswise into sixteen 1-inch strips. Holding a strip at each end, twist in opposite directions. Place strips about 1 inch apart in pan, forming 2 rows or 8 strips each. Cover and let rise in warm place 50 to 60 minutes or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
- HEAT oven to 350°. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle Maple Icing over warm twists. Serve warm.
NotesThese are quite different from the regular cinnamon twist.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More