- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 8 oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese
- 1 - 10 oz. Pkg. Cracker Barrel Sharp White Vermont Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 C. Pitted Black Olives, drained
- 1/3 C. Pimiento Stuffed Green Olives, drained
- 1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 T. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 T. Chopped Fresh Basil or 1 t. Dried Basil
- 2 T. Chopped Pimiento
- Baguette French Bread
- Cut cream cheese in half, vertically; then slice each section into 1/4-inch slices. Slice Vermont cheese into 1/4-inch slices. Alternate cheeses, pressing one against the other, to form a ring on a serving dish.
- Mix together black and green olives and place in center of ring.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, crushed garlic, parsley and basil. Pour mixture over cheese ring and olives. Sprinkle chopped pimiento over top of ring.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight or at least 8 hours. Serve as an appetizer with sliced baguette bread.
NotesI won an honorable mention in a Taste Of Home Cooking School contest and it was featured in the magazine. Everytime I make this for a party, I always have requests for the recipe. Try it.....you'll love it.