- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil recommended)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken soup mix
- Blend the eggs and oil together, but do not beat.
- Add the balance of the ingredients except the chicken soup mix; blend with a fork.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water to a boil and add the instant chicken soup mix. Simmer slowly.
- Using a teaspoonful at a time, form into small balls about the size of a walnut and drop into the boiling water. Cover and boil on low heat for at least 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the liquid, then gently remove to a flat container.
- These can be frozen. Freeze on a flat sheet and then place in a heavy freezer bag. To reheat, drop in chicken soup and heat until ready to serve.
- Cholesterol Note: I do not recommend using egg substitute in this recipe. However, instead of 2 whole eggs, I use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white only. Handle gently.
- NOTE: "As light as a feather! Perfect in my chicken soup."
- Yield: 18 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More