- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil recommended)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken soup mix
- Blend the eggs and oil together, but do not beat.
- Add the balance of the ingredients except the chicken soup mix; blend with a fork.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water to a boil and add the instant chicken soup mix. Simmer slowly.
- Using a teaspoonful at a time, form into small balls about the size of a walnut and drop into the boiling water. Cover and boil on low heat for at least 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the liquid, then gently remove to a flat container.
- These can be frozen. Freeze on a flat sheet and then place in a heavy freezer bag. To reheat, drop in chicken soup and heat until ready to serve.
- Cholesterol Note: I do not recommend using egg substitute in this recipe. However, instead of 2 whole eggs, I use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white only. Handle gently.
- NOTE: "As light as a feather! Perfect in my chicken soup."
- Yield: 18 servings