- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an interesting take on meatloaf. I have made it with a few alterations. Recipe is by Chef Ted Reader compliments of The Beer Store here in Canada.
- 1 255 g(1/2 pound) block mozzarella cheese(I used goat's milk cheese once and have used Gouda too)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 425 g can chili
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. King of the Q Bonedust Seasoning (Or your favourite BBQ seasoning mix)
- 1 tsp. salt(I do not use any, seasoning and bacon have enough in it)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fine parsley(flat leaf)
- Aluminum foil
- 12 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bottle King of the Q Outstanding BBQ Sauce(Or your favourite BBQ sauce)
- Slice the block of cheese lengthwise into two equal pieces. Place the cheese in a freezer to chill for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, garlic, canned chili, onion, breadcrumbs, King of the Q Bonedust Seasoning, salt and parsley.
- Using your hands, mix well.
- Refrigerate meat mixture for 30 minutes to allow meat to flavour and set.
- On a clean, flat surface, lay down a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Line the aluminum foil with bacon, laying the bacon across the foil, stretching, flattening and slightly overlapping the bacon slices so that they cover the foil from top to bottom to form a 14 inch x14 inch square of bacon.
- Spread the refrigerated meat mixture on top of the bacon to a thickness of about one inch, patching any holes that may form with additional meat mixture.
- Lay chilled cheese down the centre of the meat mixture layer, leaving a one-inch meat border along the bottom edge.
- Using the foil as a guide, roll the bacon and meat mixture into a four to five inch diameter roll, creating a pinwheel of bacon throughout the meatloaf.
- Place meatloaf onto a foil-lined baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Place in over for 40 to 45 minutes until fully cooked, basting with Maple Beer BBQ Sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the centre of the meatloaf to ensure that the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and carefully transfer to a serving plate.
- Slice in two inch thick slices.
- Serve with extra Maple Beer BBQ Sauce for dipping
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season OneSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More