- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 packet/envelope of onion soup
- 2 pounds of ground beef (or meat
- loaf mix)
- 3/4 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of ketchup - divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine soup mix, ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, water, and only 1/3 cup of the ketchup. (Save the remaining 1/3 cup of ketchup for the toping.)
- In a 9 X 13 inch baking pan shape into loaf
- Spread the remaining ketchup over the top of the meatloaf
- Bake 1 hour and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
NotesThis recipe for meatloaf using Lipton's dried onion soup mix is an American family classic.