- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c. corn meal
- 1 TBSP. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBSP. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 TBSP. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. boiling water
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 lg. can red kidney beans
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning
- 1- 16oz.can stewed tomatoes
- 2 TBSP. butter
- 1/2 pkg. chili seasoning
- Mix corn meal,sugar, salt and water: cover and let sit for at least30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs,milk and butter. Beat until smooth and then add to corn meal mixture. In separate bowl, sift together baking powderand flour and add to corn meal mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot greased pan. Turn after lightly brown.
- Keep warm in oven until ready to fill.
- Brown the ground beef,drain off grease. Add chili seasoning and chili beans with the juice. Bring to a boil, then lower temp. and simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Combine in a pan stewed tomatoes, butter and chili seasoning and simmer for 10 mins.
- HOW TO PUT TOGETHER:
- Add approx. 1-2 Tablespoons of FILLING to each TORTILLA. Fold top over. Arrange in an oven proof casserole. Spoon SAUCE over the tortillas. Bake at 400* for 15 mins. Serve with cole slaw.
NotesThis is A family T&T recipe. It sounds like a lot of work,but it's really not and it's so worth the little bit of effort . Hope you enjoy! monkeybusiness
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More