- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet and drain oil.
- Mix the tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, rice, chilies, and salt into the skillet. Bring liquid to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until heated through. Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish. Arrange the browned pork chops over the mixture.
- Bake covered 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, until rice is tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).