- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package Monterey jack cheese withpeppers ( 8 oz) cut crosswise into 8equal slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat malletor rolling pin.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Rollup from short side, and secure with wooden picks. Dip chicken rolls inbutter, and dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place rolls, seam side down,on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm; transfer to a largeheavy-duty plastic freeze bag and return to freezer.
- Freeze up to 6 months.
- To serve, place frozen chicken rolls in a lightly greased11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; bake at 400 ° F for 30 minutes.
- Serves 8
NotesThese are a great freeze ahead recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More