- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package Monterey jack cheese withpeppers ( 8 oz) cut crosswise into 8equal slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat malletor rolling pin.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Rollup from short side, and secure with wooden picks. Dip chicken rolls inbutter, and dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place rolls, seam side down,on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm; transfer to a largeheavy-duty plastic freeze bag and return to freezer.
- Freeze up to 6 months.
- To serve, place frozen chicken rolls in a lightly greased11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; bake at 400 ° F for 30 minutes.
- Serves 8
NotesThese are a great freeze ahead recipe
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More