- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco (I've used both regular and butter flavored but do NOT use fat-free or whatever)
- buttermilk - I'm guessing about a cup
- Mix the flour and crisco together with a fork (or your fingers) until crumbly. Add milk slowly until the dough sticks together and forms a ball.
- Roll out onto a floured counter, but don't work the dough too much. I like it about an inch thick. Cut into rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 until golden brown - about 20 mins.
NotesI married a southern boy, and he wouldn't be happy unless his yankee wife learned how to make biscuits just like his mom, grandma, great-grandma, etc used to make.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More