- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco (I've used both regular and butter flavored but do NOT use fat-free or whatever)
- buttermilk - I'm guessing about a cup
- Mix the flour and crisco together with a fork (or your fingers) until crumbly. Add milk slowly until the dough sticks together and forms a ball.
- Roll out onto a floured counter, but don't work the dough too much. I like it about an inch thick. Cut into rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 until golden brown - about 20 mins.
NotesI married a southern boy, and he wouldn't be happy unless his yankee wife learned how to make biscuits just like his mom, grandma, great-grandma, etc used to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cooking with Sabra
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More