- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One frozen loaf of bread dough
- One half pound of deli lunchmeat, your choice (or combination per stromboli, optional)
- One half pound of cheese, your choice (i.e., Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc...)
- -- Allow bread dough to thaw and rise according to the directions. Divide into quarters. On a floured surface, roll each part into a rectangular shape, 8-inch by 5-nch, approximately.
- -- Layer 1 to 2 layers of meat, then cheese. (Be sure to center cheese so it will not leak while baking.)
- -- Roll up as a jellyroll and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Pinch and fold the ends under.
- -- Use an egg wash to "glue" the edges.
- -- Optional: Mushrooms, olives, onions, green peppers etc.
- -- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until a light brown.
NotesThese are great as individual sandwiches to accompany soup or salad, OR sliced as appetizers.