- Cooking Time: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger.
- Beat margarine and sugar, until light and creamy. Add molasses and egg.
- Beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Slightly flatten (with greased glass-bottom dipped in sugar).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
NotesThis is another around the world recipe, that I sent to family members stationed stateside or overseas. Even people who do not like molasses, like these cookies.
I usually double this recipe.
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More