- Cooking Time: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger.
- Beat margarine and sugar, until light and creamy. Add molasses and egg.
- Beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Slightly flatten (with greased glass-bottom dipped in sugar).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
NotesThis is another around the world recipe, that I sent to family members stationed stateside or overseas. Even people who do not like molasses, like these cookies.
I usually double this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More