- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Spring 2011
- 8 slices gf bread
- 1 Tablespoon gf dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 6 ounces sliced turkey
- 4 ounces sliced Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of kosher salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the bread slices on a cutting board and spread 4 slices with dijon and
- Top with turkey and Gruyere.
- Place the remaining bread slice on top to form 4 sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Season with a dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large griddle over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich on both sides into the egg mixture and place on the griddle.
- Cook sandwiches about 3 minutes on each side or until they are lightly browned and the cheese has melted. Slice sandwiches onthe diagonal and serve.