MOO SHU PORK
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips (OR chicken breasts)
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 (16-ounce bag) shredded coleslaw mix (I used finely diced) *
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup beef stock or broth (chicken stock if using chicken)
3 Tablespoons of soy sauce (or, reduced sodium soy sauce)
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 2 Tablespoons water
Rice, Lo Mein, OR Flour tortillas
- Brown the pork strips and onion, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, garlic, broth, and soy sauce. (This is where you cook it on High for 3 minutes if you are using an electric pressure cooker.)
- Simmer until pork strips and coleslaw mix are tender.
- Add hoisin sauce, scallions, cornstarch/water mixture. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve wrapped in tortillas, or on rice or lo mein. Additional hoisin sauce is optional.
* NOTE: From now on, I will probably shred cabbage and a carrot.