- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 lb Brisket of beef (Lamb can be substituted.)
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Tumeric OR Saffron, a few strands
- 1 teasoon Ginger, fresh grated
- 2 large Spanish onions, diced
- 4 tablespoon Celery, chopped, with leaves
- 1 small Carrot, peeled, sliced in paper thin rounds
- 1 pound Green olives
- 2 large Tomatoes, peeled and diced OR 16 ounces Stewed tomatoes, canned
- 1 Lemon, for juice
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; rub with garlic. In a heavy roasting pan, sear meat on all sides in a bit of olive oil. Remove and set aside. In same pot, add remaining olive oil, tumeric (or saffron), ginger, and onions. Saute until onions are limp. Add celery and carrots. Saute a bit more. Add tomatoes and mix. Remove 1/3 of the mixture and placed seared meat on the remainder.
- Cover with the rest of the mixture. Cover, and bake in pre-heated over at 350 degrees F untill meat is tender about 3 hours).
- Remove, and refrigerate. In the meantime, pit the olives. Place olives in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Drain, and repeat the process (to remove saltiness of the olives). Remove brisket from refrigetator.
- Remove any fat that may have collected. Slice the meat agains the grain. Return meat to a heavy pot with the mixture. Sprinkle the olives over the meat. Reheat at 350 deg F for 1/2 hour, and serve.
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Home cookingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More