- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- black pepper
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- TO SERVE:
- 1 batch croutons
- scallions or chives, minced
- Boil the potatoes and water in the small sauce pan until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Puree potatoes with remaining cooking water.
- Heat butter in large pan over medium heat, saute onions and celery for five minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt, garlic, and thyme, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add sherry, soy sauce, and pepper. Puree with milk.
- Combine potato and mushroom purees and heat until very hot. (Now you can add the cheese)
- Top with croutons and scallions and serve.
NotesMUSHROOM BISQUE (similar to Panera's Portobello & Roasted Garlic Bisque)
Source: Molly Katzen's New Moosewood Cookbook
A lovely, creamy vegetarian/vegan soup which is the essence of mushrooms.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More