- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. fresh small mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onions
- 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. salt (or less)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (14 to 15 oz.) meatless
- spaghetti sauce
- Rinse, pat dry and trim stems flush with caps of fresh
- mushrooms, set aside. Lightly combine beef, onions, bread
- crumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoon (or less) of the salt, pepper and eggs.
- Around each mushroom, wrap some beef mixture, shape into balls.
- Makes about 20 meatballs.
- In large skillet heat oil until hot, add meatballs about
- 10 at a time, brown on all sides (drain off grease). Return
- all meatballs to skillet. Add spaghetti sauce, Italian season-
- ing and remaining, 1/2 teaspoon salt (if needed). Bring to
- boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until meatballs are
- done, about 15 minutes. Serve on cooked spaghetti or noodles.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More