- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. fresh small mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onions
- 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. salt (or less)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (14 to 15 oz.) meatless
- spaghetti sauce
- Rinse, pat dry and trim stems flush with caps of fresh
- mushrooms, set aside. Lightly combine beef, onions, bread
- crumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoon (or less) of the salt, pepper and eggs.
- Around each mushroom, wrap some beef mixture, shape into balls.
- Makes about 20 meatballs.
- In large skillet heat oil until hot, add meatballs about
- 10 at a time, brown on all sides (drain off grease). Return
- all meatballs to skillet. Add spaghetti sauce, Italian season-
- ing and remaining, 1/2 teaspoon salt (if needed). Bring to
- boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until meatballs are
- done, about 15 minutes. Serve on cooked spaghetti or noodles.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More