- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 100
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 lb filo (pastry leaves)
- 1/2 lb feta
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (small curd)
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 6 fresh green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound butter
- Crumble feta in small pieces and add the cheeses. Add eggsd and finely chopped green onions' add pepper and mix well.
- Cut filo into 2 -inch strips and brush each strip with melted butter. Place one teaspoon of cheese mixture at bottom of each strip and fold the corner up to form a triangle. Continue folding in a triangle shape until the entire strip is folded. Brush both sides slightly with butter and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 f. for approximately 15 to 20 minutes- or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Makes approximately 100 triangles.
- Tip: These Tiropites may be prepared in advance. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. After cooling, package them properly and freeze. when ready to sue, bake in preheated oven at 350 for approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
NotesI had these wonderful little Cheese pies at Greek Festival, years ago. I searched years, for a recipe and when I finally found one, I tried it. Delicious! Here's a tip- don't rush, because these things are, prior to baking, fragile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More