- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I always use Duncan Hines)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or corn oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed mandarin orange (see below)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered or confectioners's sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons pureed mandarin orange
- PUREED MANDARIN ORANGE:
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange, with juice
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease (or lightly spray with cooking oil) and line bottom of two 9-inch round baking pans with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Using food processor or blender, puree mandarin orange (with juice) and lime juice and measure 1 cup pureed mandarin orange for the cake.
- Place cake mix, oil, eggs, 1 cup pureed mandarin orange in a large mixing bowl. Beat using electric mixer, start with low speed and increase to medium speed to blend well. Fold in raisins. Divide cake batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 F. Check cake for doneness after 30 minutes (cake is done when it is golden brown and wooden skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean). Let cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending well on low speed. Then slowly mix in pureed mandarin orange and blend until smooth and fluffy. Fill and frost cake and garnish with mandarin orange wedges and raisins.
- NOTE: To keep your cake plate clean, cut wide strips of Reynolds® Parchment Paper and arrange them around the edge of your cake plate. After you completely frost the layered cake, simply pull out the Reynolds® Parchment Paper strips.
NotesNo fancy ingredients here and yet this cake is extremely moist. For a delightful thanksgiving centerpiece cake, substitute raisins with craisins or sweetened dried cranberries for cake and garnish iced cake with well-drained canned mandarin orange wedges and craisins. And for easy cake removal, line your layer pans with Reynolds® Parchment Paper
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More