- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I always use Duncan Hines)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or corn oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed mandarin orange (see below)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered or confectioners's sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons pureed mandarin orange
- PUREED MANDARIN ORANGE:
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange, with juice
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease (or lightly spray with cooking oil) and line bottom of two 9-inch round baking pans with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Using food processor or blender, puree mandarin orange (with juice) and lime juice and measure 1 cup pureed mandarin orange for the cake.
- Place cake mix, oil, eggs, 1 cup pureed mandarin orange in a large mixing bowl. Beat using electric mixer, start with low speed and increase to medium speed to blend well. Fold in raisins. Divide cake batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 F. Check cake for doneness after 30 minutes (cake is done when it is golden brown and wooden skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean). Let cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending well on low speed. Then slowly mix in pureed mandarin orange and blend until smooth and fluffy. Fill and frost cake and garnish with mandarin orange wedges and raisins.
- NOTE: To keep your cake plate clean, cut wide strips of Reynolds® Parchment Paper and arrange them around the edge of your cake plate. After you completely frost the layered cake, simply pull out the Reynolds® Parchment Paper strips.
NotesNo fancy ingredients here and yet this cake is extremely moist. For a delightful thanksgiving centerpiece cake, substitute raisins with craisins or sweetened dried cranberries for cake and garnish iced cake with well-drained canned mandarin orange wedges and craisins. And for easy cake removal, line your layer pans with Reynolds® Parchment Paper
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More