- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1) Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove plate; discard paper towels.
- Cut tofu slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2)Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- 3) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble.
- Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
- Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
- 4) Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over rice.
- Sprinkle with onions.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light and it has become my kitchen staple/fallback.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More