- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1) Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove plate; discard paper towels.
- Cut tofu slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2)Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- 3) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble.
- Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
- Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
- 4) Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over rice.
- Sprinkle with onions.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light and it has become my kitchen staple/fallback.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Growers' Giveback Potluck
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More