MA PO TOFU
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
1) Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes.
Remove plate; discard paper towels.
Cut tofu slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
2)Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
3) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble.
Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
4) Remove from heat.
Serve tofu mixture over rice.
Sprinkle with onions.