- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. macaroni
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 1/3 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. Dijon style mustard
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 c. soft bread crumbs (3 slices)
- 2 stiff beaten egg whites
- 8 oz. frankfurters, bias sliced
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water about 10 minutes or until tender; drain. In saucepan combine egg yolks, milk, butter, mustard, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper;
- add cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly (do not boil). Stir in macaroni and bread crumbs. Fold in egg whites. Pour half the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish. Reserve a few slices franks for the top. Place the rim franks in the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve at once. Makes 4 servings.
NotesNever before have wieners and Macaroni tasted so good.