- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- one bag of large elbow macaroni
- one BIG block of sharp cheddar cheese
- one carton of whole milk
- one stick of butter or margarine that will melt
- salt and pepper
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- shred the cheese
- cook the macaroni 'al dente' style - be sure to undercook it slightly.
- Spoon a layer of macaroni into a large pyrex baking dish, lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper, spike the layer with small dabs of butter, cover the layer of mac with a layer of cheese. Spoon a layer of mac over the cheese and again add salt and pepper, butter dabs and more cheese. Keep layering in this fashion until you almost reach the top, saving the thickest layer of cheese for last.
- Before you add that last layer of cheese, pour milk into the baking dish until you see it rising to about 3/4 of the way to the top. Add the coup de grace top layer of cheese and bake it, baby. Just bake it til the cheese on top is as golden and crispy-topped as you like it. Enjoy!!!
Notesso simple, so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More