- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- - 12 Sea Scallops
- - 1 cup Macadamia Nuts, toasted and coarsley ground
- - 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- - 1/2-1tsp Thyme
- - 1/2-1tsp Tarragon
- - 1 Egg, beaten
- - Salt & Pepper to taste
- - 1 cup RiceSelect(tm) Whole Grain Rice Blend (dry)
- - 1 1/2 cups Lite Coconut Milk
- - 1 cup Water
- Start by preparing your rice, as that takes the longest amount of time to cook. Combine the coconut milk, water and dry rice in a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil and stir once. Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Toast and coarsely grind the macadamias, spread out on a plate and set aside. Combine the flour, thyme and tarragon on a seperate plate and set aside. Rinse and pat dry the scallops, season with salt and pepper and then coat in the flour mixture. Dip each scallop in the egg and dredge in nuts to coat on both sides and then transfer to a baking dish. Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes (or until cooked through).
NotesI've had the urge to experiment lately, and this is what came of it.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, but I assure you, the scallops looked adorable (and tasted fantastic).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More