- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 12 purchased ice cream sugar cones (about 5 to 6 ounces), coarsely broken
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint macadamia brittle ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 pint mango sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut, toasted
- Spray 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Using on/off turns, grind cones with 3 tablespoons sugar in processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and blend until crumbs stick together. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared dish. Freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into large bowl. Scoop sorbet atop ice cream. Using spatula, fold and stir ice cream and sorbet briefly to swirl (do not overmix). Transfer mixture to prepared pie crust. Freeze pie until filling is hard, at least 2 hours.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep frozen.
- Using electric mixer, beat chilled whipping cream, vanilla, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until peaks form. Spread over ice cream pie. Sprinkle with coconut. Cut pie into wedges and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More