- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C chopped Macadamia nuts
- 7 oz. Marzipan
- ½ C butter (softened)
- ¾ C flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Confectioner's sugar (optional)
- Oven preheat to 350 degrees.
- Heat chocolate and butter over hot water until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir, and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the following to chocolate, mixing as you add each: sugar, eggs (one at a time), almond extract.
- Blend in flour mix.
- Spread ½ of the batter into greased 8" square pan, or ungreased silicone pan.
- Set aside.
- Soften marzipan and roll into 8" square.
- Place on top of batter.
- Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
NotesMMMMM...these are so delicious! I prefer less sweet brownies and cookies, and these fit the bill beautifully.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More