- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA couple of weekends ago we watched an episode of Diary of a Foodie: Hawaii’s Big Island. The Gourmet test kitchen made these cookies. They really looked good. I bought the ingredients I needed and made them today. They are really easy to put together. Instead of one large circle I put them in 2 8" round cake pans. The next day these are better than the first day. When I make them again I would add more chocolate chunks.
- 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped, used Dove chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Rack placed in center.
- Toast nuts until golden brown. I used a cast-iron skillet on the stove top. They suggested to place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Rough chop the nuts and chocolate bar.
- Place butter, sugars, vanilla and salt in stand up mixer. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate mix until forms soft dough.
- I divided dough between 2 8" round cake pans and press 1/2" thick.
- Score top of each with scrapper before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges while warm. Transfer onto cool rack for another 30 minutes. Store in air tight container.