- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped, used Dove chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Rack placed in center.
- Toast nuts until golden brown. I used a cast-iron skillet on the stove top. They suggested to place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Rough chop the nuts and chocolate bar.
- Place butter, sugars, vanilla and salt in stand up mixer. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate mix until forms soft dough.
- I divided dough between 2 8" round cake pans and press 1/2" thick.
- Score top of each with scrapper before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges while warm. Transfer onto cool rack for another 30 minutes. Store in air tight container.
NotesA couple of weekends ago we watched an episode of Diary of a Foodie: Hawaii’s Big Island. The Gourmet test kitchen made these cookies. They really looked good. I bought the ingredients I needed and made them today. They are really easy to put together. Instead of one large circle I put them in 2 8" round cake pans. The next day these are better than the first day. When I make them again I would add more chocolate chunks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More