MACADAMIA NUT CHOCOLATE CHUNK SHORTBREAD
Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
- 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped, used Dove chocolate
Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Rack placed in center.
Toast nuts until golden brown. I used a cast-iron skillet on the stove top. They suggested to place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Rough chop the nuts and chocolate bar.
Place butter, sugars, vanilla and salt in stand up mixer. Blend until well combined.
Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate mix until forms soft dough.
I divided dough between 2 8" round cake pans and press 1/2" thick.
Score top of each with scrapper before baking.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges while warm. Transfer onto cool rack for another 30 minutes. Store in air tight container.
Website Credit: http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/