- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 4 ounces plain bread crumbs
- 6 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces shallots, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces pineapple, rough chopped
- 4 ounces papaya, rough chopped
- 4 ounces mango, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- white sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together macadamia nuts and breadcrumbs until finely ground.
- Pour nut mixture onto a plate, and coat fish fillets on both sides.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry fillets on both sides until nuts are golden brown.
- Remove to a baking pan.
- Add shallots to skillet, and cook until translucent.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Mix in pineapple, papaya, mango, coconut, and habanero peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Simmer until sauce is thick, about 30 minutes.
- Strain to remove peppers, fruit, and shallots.
- Reserve sauce in a pan over low heat.
- Bake mahi mahi in preheated oven about 10 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove fish, and lightly coat with sauce.
NotesMy Family LOVED this..I admit its time consuming but im not a huge fish fan and even I LOVED it!!!
It reminded us of when we were in Hawaii!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More